Wednesday, September 28, 2011

A Poet's Words













Today's guest blogger is my friend Jackie. 
As far as I am concerned, she belongs to the top poets on Twitter, and trust me, there are many. Jackie wrote this poem for my blog, at my request, when I asked her to talk about creativity. I love what she came up with.




"Time and Creativity"


I have no minutes, no hours, no days
Creation is my clock
My mind's labyrinth
Webbed, waiting

Your hour hand to me is useless
The minutes even more
The hands I see are words o'clock
Chimes echo only Poetry

The hands of your clock
Knives at the ready
To cut my syllables
Slice, stab, at my words, my dreams

Your day starts at dawn, five of the clock
Mine starts and ends with magic
'Round the clock 
Visions of dragons, gryphons,unicorns

You eat flesh and plants to nourish
I am a word chef with platters of thoughts
Sauted, broiled, and boild
For others to digest

Creativity is my Timekeeper
Poetry is my jealous lover.







If you like this, you will find more by Jackie on her own blog.
Here is the link. http://1emeraldcity.wordpress.com/

1 comment:

  1. I like this poem very much. What a wonderful way to explain creativity. Showing AND telling :)

    ReplyDelete